- 2021/07/27The paper entitled " Influence of amino acids on the mobility of iodide from hydrocalumite" by Mengmeng Wang (D3）has been accepted by Minerals.
- 2021/06/29The paper entitled "Environmental impact of amino acids on selenate-bearing hydrocalumite: experimental and DFT studies" by Mengmeng Wang (D3）has been accepted by Environmental Pollution.
- 2021/06/25"Photo Album" was updated.
- 2021/06/08Dr. Chitiphon Chuaicham (Projected Assistant Prof）gave an invited lecture (for 90 min) online University of Airlangga（Indonesia).
Title：Nanotechnology for Environmental Purposes ~Nanomaterials for Photolysis-
- 2021/06/04The paper entitled "Synergistic metal-free porous CN-PPy-MMt nanocomposite for efficient photocatalytic metronidazole mineralization performance, mechanism and pathways" by Vellaichamy Balakumar (JSPS PDF), Sekar Karthikeyan (JSPS PDF), Chitiphon Chuaicham (Projected Assistant Professor）has been accepted by Environmental Science: Nano.
- 2021/06/04"PUBLICATIONS 2021" was updated.
- 2021/06/2Associate Professor Okibe was selected as NISTEP Selection 2020 (The Researchers with Nice Step) and paid a courtesy call on the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- 2021/06/2"Research Achievement" was updated.
- 2021/05/28Taiki Kondo (M1) was awarded in MMIJ Kyushu Branchi 2021 spring, as the presentation award with the oral presentation entitled with "マンガン坑廃水の微生物学的パッシブトリートメント処理に関する研究".
- 2021/05/28"Research Achievement" was updated.
- 2021/05/26Vellaichamy Balakumar（JSPS PDF), Chitiphon Chuaicham（Projected Assistant Prof), and Karthikeyan Sekar（formerly JSPS PDF in KU, Assistant Prof in SRM Institute of Science and Technology)'s paper entitled " A simple tactic synthesis of hollow porous graphitic carbon nitride with significantly enriched photocatalytic performance" has been published in Chemical Communications.
- 2021/05/21Chitiphon Chuaicham（Projected Assistant Prof), Karthikeyan Sekar（formerly JSPS PDF in KU, Assistant Prof in SRM Institute of Science and Technology), and Vellaichamy Balakumar（JSPS PDF)'s paper entitled "Single-step synthesis of oxygen-doped hollow porous graphitic carbon nitride for the photocatalytic ciprofloxacin decomposition" has been published in Chemical Engineering Journal.
- 2021/04/20The website of "Japan Society for the Promotion of Science / Core-to-Core Program, ( B. Asia-Africa Science Platforms ) coordinated by Prof.Sasaki" was updated.
- 2021/04/16"Laboratory Members" was updated.
- 2021/04/11Karthikeyan Sekar（formerly JSPS PDF in KU, Projected Assistant Prof in Univ. Tokyo）, Chitiphon Chuaicham（Projected Assistant Prof） and Vellaichamy Balakumar（JSPS PDF)'s paper entitled "Cubic Cu2O nanoparticles decorated on TiO2 nanofiber heterostructure as an excellent synergistic photocatalyst for improving H2 production and sulfamethoxazole degradation" has been published in Applied Catalyst B: Environmental.
- 2021/04/01 — Binglin Guo（PDF）received a research grant (Wakate) from JSPS (2021.04.01-2023.3.31).
- 2021/03/10Takumi Inoue (B4) was awarded in MMIJ 2021 spring, as an excellent student with the oral presentation entitled with "Synthesis and characterization of ZnCr-layered double oxides/cenosphere fly ash composites for enhancing visible light- driven photocatalytic degradation of ciprofloxacin".
- 2021/03/31"Award History" was updated.
- 2021/02/25"Research Themes" was updated.
- 2021/02/22"Award History" was updated.
- 2021/02/07Mengmeng Wang (D3)'s paper entitled "Environmental impact of amino acids on the release of selenate immobilized in hydrotalcite: Integrated interpretation of experimental and density-functional theory study" has been published in Chemosphere.
- 2021/02/03Shingo Nakama (graduated in 2020, currently Kyushu Environmental Evaluation Association)'s paper entitled” Elution characteristics of undesirable anionic species from fly ash blended cement in different aqueous solutions ” has been published in J. Environ. Chem. Eng.
- 2021/01/13Quanzhi Tian (D3, Currently Associate Professor of China University of Mining and Technology)'s paper ”Effect of Si/Al molar ratio on the immobilization of selenium and arsenic oxyanions in geopolymer” was accepted by Environmental Pollution.
- 2020/12/28Diego Mendoza (D1)'s paper ”Carbonaceous matter degradation by fungal enzyme to improve Ag recovery from an Au-Ag-bearing ore” was accepted by Minerals Engineering.
- 2020/12/25Renew our web site
- 2020/12/15Associate Professor Okibe has been selected as a "Nice Step Researcher 2020" by the National Institute of Science and Technology Policy (NISTEP)!
- 2020/12/01Welcome new members!(Mr. Idol from Cambodia, Mr.Bardakh from Uzbekistan, Ms.Cindy from Indonesia)
- 2020/11/30Guo Bingling, Specially Appointed Assistant Professor was selected for a QR Program grant（WAKABA challenge）
Title「Mechanistic understanding of immobilization selectivity between cement related minerals and anionic pollutants」('20.10-'21.03)
- 2020/11/26-27Joined CINEST Internationa conference and Mr.Kohei Nonaka(M2) granted CINEST2020 Best Presentation Award！
- 2020/04/01Prof. SASAKI received a research grant "Core-to-Core Program（Type B.Asia Africa）"from JSPS. (2020.04-2023.03)
- 2020/04/01Associate prof. OKIBE received a research grant "Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research(A)" from JSPS.（'20.4.1-'24.3.31）
- 2019/04/01Prof. SASAKI received a research grant "Birateral Programs（National Research Foundation (NRF)in South Africa / JSPS)" from JSPS.(2019.04-2021.03)
- 2019/10/07Prof. SASAKI received a research grant "Fund for the Promotion of Joint International Research (Fostering Joint International Research (B))" from JSPS.（'19.10.7-'24.3.31）
- 2019/04/01Associate prof. MIKI received a research grant "Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)" from JSPS.（'19.4.1-'22.3.31）
- 2019/04/01Prof. SASAKI received a research grant "Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research(A)" from JSPS.（'19.4.1-'22.3.31）
- 2019/06/28Associate prof. MIKI received a research grant "Challenging Research (Exploratory)" from JSPS.（'19.6.28-'21.3.31）
About Mineral Processing, Recycling & Environmental Remediation Laboratory
Creation of environment-friendly technology that connects resources and materials
Professor Keiko SASAKI
As the closest comprehensive engineering engineers who can contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the United Nations, we hope to keep active for the creation of environment-friendly technology that connects resources and materials to the world.
We are studying not only natural earth resources but also ground resources such as urban mine waste. In addition to separating and refining usable resources with an innovative approach, we are researching technologies for repairing environmental pollution (water and soil pollution) associated with mining.
Three Main Subjects of Our Research
Nanogeoscience forDevelopment of next-generation environmental purification materials
Environmental purification materials:
to reduce Radionuclides from a nuclear power plant accident, fly ash emitted from thermal power generation, and photocatalyst that recovers environmental pollutants mixed in the underground water of the mine trace, etc.
Bio-mining forBiorefining of mineral and urban mines / Biotreatment of metal contaminated water
Using microorganisms, recovering only useful parts from difficult-to-treat natural minerals / purifying arsenic-containing waste water in copper mines / recovering precious metals, base metals, rare metals, etc. from waste substrates in urban mines.
Mineral Processing & Recycling forDevelopment of advanced resource processing technology
Separation / Refining technology：
In order to form a sustainable recycling-oriented society, it is necessary to separate and recover only useful resources from difficult-to-treat natural minerals and wastes.
* We are sorry but currentlly these pages are only Japanese.